Friday 4 October 2013

Things I love to make

Don't you love it when you want to make all the projects in a book?  Marg Low's book "Things I love to Make" is like that for me.  I seriously love everything in it and it has been my inspiration for gifts lately.  I made the redwork sampler for Leanne's birthday in September, you may remember me playing with paints and frames here.  Marg Low gives instructions on what paints to use which was helpful.  I also gave Leanne a crocheted African flower pincushion which is a free tutorial here at Cherry Heart (which by the way is a beautiful blog with lots of lovely tutorials and patterns!)
When I was asked to make my niece a cot quilt I again turned to Marg's book and am making the Spencer and Piper quilt.  I finished piecing the top but started worrying it wasn't big enough, the finished size is only 25 x 31 inches.  After a bit of googling on cot quilt sizes I decided to add another border which I kept plain with cornerstones.  It is now 34 x 40 inches.  Now just to decide on the quilting!!  Wendy xx

18 comments:

  1. really lovely, thanks for sharing. So sunny and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sewing as always Wendy...lovely gifts. Ad the cot quilt is wonderful. You are certainly getting good value out of your book! I've seen that African flower pincushion around too and it is on my make list as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee what a fresh fun quilt for a baby!
    I love the redwork & the frame, well done.
    I have never tried to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fresh colour combination in the quilt Wendy. Also I love the frame - I remember you painting it a few posts back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Wendy and the colours of the cot quilt are beautiful. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made beautiful gifts for Leanne !!
    And the quilt for your niece is lovely !! Well done !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous work as usual Wendy,i love seeing the things you make,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are beautiful. Marg has such lovely designs, so easy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is lovely Wendy,please put I photo on when it's quilted.
    Love the Redwork,(and the chocolate)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your projects from Marg's book Wendy. It is such a great book with great ideas and you have done a gorgeous job on both projects. I have bought the Christmas one too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your quilt, very beautiful and so neat! Thanks for the shout out too! :)

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely little stitchery Wendy and I love the quilt , great job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely framed stitching. Clever you.
    Sweet pretty pin cushion, crochet ones are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lots of lovely projects.. I love books that have lots of patterns you really want to do...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been busy making lots of beautiful things

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love my gifts, thankyou so much Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The baby quilt looks fantastic, and what a gorgeous stitchery for Leanne, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful gifts! I think I need to buy this book :))

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!